Asia Billion is a quality injection mold maker and molding companies which found at 2009 years in Hong Kong with manufacturing plant in China mainland. Now we are also the metal injection molding companies for our customer after several years learning. Asia Billion can help you develop your tooling and molding project , no matter plastic , rubber, silicone or metal. We are a one stop mechanical supplier and partner for you.
As the pictures shown, we already make more than 25 projects , the material include the steel. Alloy steel, stainless steel and so on.
In order to help to our customer understand more the for metal injection molding ( MIM) , today Asia billion will show you more details and features for the metal injection molding technology:
What is metal injection molding ?
MIM (Metal Injection Molding) is an abbreviation for metal injection molding. It is a forming method in which a plasticized mixture of metal powder and its binder is injected into a mold. It is the shape required to first mix the selected powder with the binder and then pelletize the pellet for injection molding. The MIM process combines the flexibility of injection molding design with the high strength and integrity of precision metal to achieve a low cost solution for extremely complex geometries. The MIM process is divided into four unique processing steps (mixing, forming, degreasing, and sintering) to produce parts that determine whether surface treatment is required for product characteristics.
Metal injection molding (MIM) production process and application summary
MIM manufacturing processes generally include: mixing granulation, injection molding, degreasing, sintering, and secondary treatment.
Main technical features of MIM process:
1. Suitable for the formation of various powder materials, the products are widely used;
2. High utilization rate of raw materials and high degree of production automation, suitable for continuous mass production.
3, can directly form small parts with complex geometry (0.03g ~ 200g);
4, the part size accuracy is high (±0.1% ~ ± 0.5%), the surface finish is good (roughness 1 ~ 5μm);
5, the product relative density is high (95 ~ 100%), uniform organization, excellent performance;
Applicable materials and application areas:
MIM is used in a wide range of applications, including everyday products such as automotive, aerospace, military, mobile, watches, medical, household appliances, cameras, and power tools . MIM technology can be applied to any material that can be made into powder. The MIM material systems currently used mainly include:
Stainless steel, iron-based alloys, magnetic materials, tungsten alloys, hard alloys, fine ceramics and other series.
From the process essence analysis of MIM, it is the most suitable process for mass production of high melting point materials, high strength and complex shape parts. The advantages can be summarized as follows:
(1) MIM can form various metal material parts with complex three-dimensional shapes (as long as the material can be made into fine powder). The density and performance of the parts are consistent and are isotropic. Provides greater freedom for part design.
(2) MIM can maximize the parts close to the final shape with high dimensional accuracy.
(3) Even with solid phase sintering, the relative density of MIM products can reach over 95%, and its performance is comparable to that of forged materials. Especially the kinetic performance is excellent.
(4) The price of automatic molding machine for powder metallurgy (PM) is several times higher than that of injection molding machines. MIM can conveniently adopt a multi-cavity mold with high molding efficiency and long service life of the mold. It is convenient and quick to replace and adjust the mold.
(5) The injection material can be used repeatedly, and the material utilization rate is over 98%.
(6) The product turns quickly. Production flexibility is high, and new products are short from design to production.
(7) MIM is especially suitable for mass production, and the product performance is consistent. If the parts produced are selected properly and the quantity is large, high economic benefits can be achieved.
(8) MIM has a wide range of materials and a wide range of applications. The materials that can be used for injection molding are very wide, such as carbon steel, alloy steel, tool steel, refractory alloy, cemented carbide, high specific gravity alloy, and the like.
Asia Billion advantages:
Professional mold maker
Higher cost performance
Average 15-25 days of mold production lead time
Mold can be better maintained.
During the production process, the mold is abnormally processed in a timely manner and does not affect the production progress.
Mature feed production technology
More competitive advantages
Can be adjusted on the material according to customer requirements,
Better meet the needs of guests.
China leading traditional injection molding, MIM, CIM
Better control of product quality and price
20 years of processing and production development experience for plastic , mold and machining.
Quick response to ensure quality and delivery
Q1: What does MIM technology mean?
A: MIM technology is a brand new parts processing technology that is introduced into the field of powder metallurgy.
Q2: Is the metal material melted during the injection molding process?
A: No, only the adhesive is melted so that the powder flows like a plastic material. Cooling the adhesive gives the part a certain strength. The parts are then sintered to a very high density to meet their mechanical properties.
Q3: Why use the MIM process?
A: The MIM process has advantages when it is difficult to produce a part with conventional machining or casting technology, or when machining is expensive, or if the part has special requirements for the material.
Q4: Which metal materials can be used for production?
A: Almost all metal alloys can be used in the MIM process, but the current common materials are stainless steel, iron, tungsten alloy, and hard alloy. Brass, bronze, used in the process is not economical. Zinc aluminum is generally used in a die casting process.
Q5: Will the delivery cycle be very long?
A: The mold cycle is generally 4-5 weeks. The product is delivered or delivered for 1-2 weeks. The delivery cycle can also be adjusted according to the customer's specific needs.
Q6: Can MIM technology make any complicated product?
A: MIM technology also has limitations. The product volume should not be too large. Generally, the maximum weight is limited to 300g or less; some ultra-thick or ultra-thin sections are also limited.
Q7: Which equipment is used in the MIM process?
A: The equipment used in the MIM process includes a mixing machine, an injection molding machine, a degreasing furnace, and a sintering furnace.
Q8: Can MIM be heat treated or plated?
A: MIM parts, like traditional machined products, can be heat treated, polished, and plated.
If you have any RFQ which need metal injection molding companies or plastic injection molding companies, please feel free to contact us. we belive that Asia Billion will be your prefered long time partner.