LCP plastic tight tolerance injection mould and moulding connector for electronic industry. it come from our China local Taiwan customers. The material is engineering modified LCP resin. close tolerance for the critical dimensions. this is is a high volume mass production mold and run the production our other customer's another big injection moulding companies supplier in Dongguan, we need to make the mold at first according to our customer's requirements and standard as well as considering of the others from injection molding companies. so we need to align different standard and requirements to meet the final production purpose. now the mould is running well in the plant for mass production and we are starting another new tolerance injection moulding and tooling project.
tight tolerance injection mould
Core surface finish:
EDM finishing without any polishing
Cavity surface finish:
EDM finishing without any polishing
No of Cavities:
Type of gating:
Lead time for Production
PE bags and Carton
1） Tight tolerance plastic injection moulding tooling with steel tolerance control +/-0.005mm
2) Part critical dimension control +/-0.01mm and no-critical dimension tolerance +/-0.05mm
3) LCP engineering plastic injection molding
4) Flatness control less than 0.1mm
5) Warpage control less than 0.1mm
Asia Billion Advantages for this project:
1） 90% of China local mold maker don't have the so high tight tolerance plastic injection mould making capacity, but Asia Billion have the capacity although we are a small company in our industry.
2) CPK running up to 1.88 for 7 critical dimension control.
3) Production R & R ( repeatability & reproducibility) study for critical dimensions
4) 30% price lower than our competitor in Taiwan and that is one of the important reasons why we can get this mould
5) we are learning the working ways from Germany and Japan mold makers
Asia Billion mould Process showing:
Asia Billion mould Engineering and Project Capacity:
Tight tolerance injection mould Workshop Overview:
Packing and Logistics:
LCP tight tolerance injection molding process
The molding temperature of LCP is high, and the melting temperature is in the range of 300 to 425 ° C due to its variety. LCP has low melt viscosity and good fluidity, similar to olefin plastics. LCP has a very small coefficient of linear expansion and good dimensional stability.
The molding processing conditions are as follows:
molding temperature 300~390°C;
mold temperature 100~260°C;
molding pressure 7~100MPa,
compression ratio 2.5~4,
molding shrinkage 0.1~0.6%.
Generally, the barrel temperature, nozzle temperature, and material melting temperature are shown in the table.
If the life of the screw is taken into account, the temperature difference between the rear part, the middle part and the front part can be reduced. In order to prevent the nozzle from flowing, the nozzle temperature can be 10 ° C lower than the temperature shown in the table. If the fluidity is to be increased, the temperature can be set to 20 ° C higher than the temperature shown in the table, but the following must be noted.
When the temperature of the cylinder is lowered: the residence time is too long, the pellets will not be aged in the cylinder, and corrosive gas will not be generated, so the long residence time generally does not cause any major problems. However, if the molding is interrupted for a long time, lower the temperature of the barrel. When molding again, it is better to throw away the mold.
Barrel temperature (°C) for each grade
2. Mold temperature
The mold temperature of LCP plastic material can be molded between 30 °C and 150 °C. However, we generally set the mold temperature to around 70 °C - 110 °C. In order to shorten the molding cycle, prevent flash and deformation, choose a low mold temperature; if the product size is required to be stable (especially for products under high temperature conditions), reduce the occurrence of weld seams and solve the problem of insufficient filling, etc. Choose a high mold temperature.
The speed of the screw is typically 100 rpm. In the case of glass-containing or carbon-containing glass (eg A130, A230, etc.), in order to prevent the glass fiber from being broken, we must choose a lower speed. In addition, the back pressure is as low as possible. When the barrel temperature is set to 300 ° C, the residence time of the material in the barrel has an effect on the mechanical properties and color of the plastic.
Injection pressure speed
The most suitable injection pressure must depend on the material, the shape of the product, the mold design (especially the sprue, runner, gate) and other molding conditions. However, LCP has no grade and its melt viscosity is very low, so the injection pressure is lower than that of ordinary thermoplastic resins. It is a good method to use low pressure at the beginning of the molding and then slowly increase the pressure. The molded article can be molded under the injection pressure of 15 MPa to 45 MPa. In addition, the curing time of the LCP is relatively fast, so a fast injection speed is easy to obtain good results.
The molding cycle depends on the size, shape, thickness, mold structure and molding conditions of the molded article. As mentioned above, LCP has good fluidity, so its filling time is short and the curing speed is faster, so we can get a shorter molding cycle. A representative molding cycle is from 10 seconds to 30 seconds.
Main use of LCP
1) LCP plastic materials are excellent in high strength, high rigidity, high temperature resistance, electrical insulation, etc., and are used in electronics, electrical, optical fiber, automotive and aerospace.
2) Fiber made of liquid crystal can be used as a fish net, sporting goods, brake pads, optical fiber display materials, etc., and can also be made into a film for soft printed circuits, food packaging, and the like.
3) LCP plastic materials have been used in microwave ovens to withstand high and low temperatures. LCP can also be used for printed circuit boards, satellite electronic components, jet engine parts; for electrical and electronic machinery parts or components; and for medical applications. 4) LCP plastic raw materials can be added with high filler as integrated circuit packaging material, instead of epoxy resin as the encapsulation material of coil bobbin; for fiber optic cable joint sheath and high strength components; instead of ceramic as filling material in chemical separation tower Wait. 5) LCP plastic raw materials can also be blended with polysulfone, PBT, polyamide and other plastics to form alloys. After molding, the mechanical strength is high, which can replace plastics such as glass fiber reinforced polysulfone, which can improve mechanical strength. It can also increase the strength of use and chemical stability. The LCP is currently being studied for panels external to the spacecraft, brake systems for exterior vehicles and so on.
If you have any question for the LCP engineering tight tolerance injection mould and plastic molding project, please contact us freely to get the solution for your team. Asia Billion are a professional high quality but low cost precision injection mold manufacture in China, here we help our global customer to save their project initial investment cost and help them to develop their project in competitive price.