Gas assisted injection molding is one of many injection molding methods, mainly used to make thick-walled products, such as handles, shaped loop tubes, etc. The managers of Asia Billion have been there for a long time. and know the Gas-assisted injection molding since 2005, our first gas-assisted molding products have been manufactured in the first year of our own company in 2010. The car door handle above is our product of that year. This door handle is used on heavy goods vehicles for our France customer.
Gas assisted injection molding system, this advanced system and technology is to inject nitrogen into the plastic cavity of the mold cavity directly through the sectional pressure control system, so that the interior of the plastic part expands to create hollowness, but still maintains the appearance of the surface of the product.
The application of gas-assisted injection molding technology has the following advantages:
1) Save plastic materials, saving up to 50%.
2) Shorten the production cycle time of the product.
3) Reduce the clamping pressure of the injection molding machine up to 60%.
4) Improve the working life of the injection molding machine.
5) Reduce the pressure in the cavity, reduce the loss of the mold and improve the working life of the mold.
6) For some plastic products, the mold can be made of aluminum alloy material and ordinary mold steel such as 45# steel.
7) Reduce the internal stress of the product
8) Solve and eliminate the problem of surface shrinkage on the product
9) Simplify the cumbersome design of the product
10) Reduce the power consumption of the injection molding machine
11) Reduce the investment cost of injection molding machines and development molds
12) Reduce production costs and shorten production cycle
Gas-assisted injection molding technology can be applied to various plastic products, such as television or audio enclosures, automotive plastic products, furniture, bathrooms, cabinets, household appliances and daily necessities, various types of plastic boxes and toys, and so on. Gas-assisted injection molding technology must be widely used in the injection molding industry.
Basically all thermoplastics (reinforced or not) for injection molding, as well as general engineering plastics, are suitable for gas-assisted injection molding.
When doing gas replication, we need computer-aided simulation analysis, and we often have problems with shoulders:
1) Prevent trapping and ensure gas filling average.
2) Prevent gas from breaking the surface of the finished product.
3) The trapped gas has the characteristics of extrusion and plays an important role in the pressure holding stage. Therefore, with the aid of computer-aided simulation analysis, it can ensure more accurate prediction of plastic distribution and mold filling.
Injection molding machine system equipment requirements:
Basically, the gas-assisted injection molding system can be used with different brands of injection molding machines around the world, as long as these injection molding machines can meet the following requirements:
1) Slingshot nozzle to prevent high pressure gas from running into the screw of the injection molding machine.
2) The screw stroke of the injection molding machine is equipped with an electronic ruler switch to trigger the signal to the gas-assisted main system to inject high-pressure nitrogen into the cavity.
In fact, gas assisted injection molding is not limited to the principle of gas and liquid. This process is now widely used. Liquid-assisted molding technology has appeared on the market. The principle of liquid-assisted injection molding technology is similar to that of gas, but its efficiency is higher. It is one of the key development directions in the future. Asia Billion is currently learning this technology too.
If you have any project or RFQ, please contact Asia Billion freely to give you our best offer for you.
Asia Billion Innovational Technology
Tel: 0086-134 8063 8827