This is a thin wall injection molding components for the mobile phone camera down cover. the material is LCP and wall thick is around 0.25 mm. the total size of the part is 8.5 x 8.5 mm with many tiny structures. It is also a super precision injection molding part with general part tolerance as +/- 0.02 mm. Our customer is a world famous camera OEM manufacture. if you want have any this similar precision thin wall injection molding part , you also can let us know freely.
For this project, our customer search many Chinese injection mold makers, but just find 3 suppliers which can make this mold, the first 2 companies are the very big company, they made a lot of similar projects for the lens or camera holders, but their price is too high for our customer side , so Asia Billion are the only proper supplier for this mold. During the thousands precision injection molding project in connector industry, we learn much knowledges for the precision thin wall injection molding technology, it is much difference comparing with the usual commodity such as lunch box thin wall injection molding. After this project, Asia Billion surmount our capacity for the thin wall injection molding project form just the simple project. Now the mold is under production in our Germany customer injection molding plant.
Thin wall injection molding
Core surface finish:
Cavity surface finish:
No of Cavities:
2343 with heat treatment to 48 to 52 HRC
Type of gating:
Hot runner--side gate
2343 with heat treatment to 49 to 52 HRC
Slider and lifter material:
Lead time for T1
Mold base steel:
1 000 000
Place of Origin
Mold size :
200 x 400 x 350 mm
1) Metal Insert molding plus super precision injection molding
2) LCP engineering thin wall injection molding plus super precise dimension control
3) Fast injection speed with tinny features for the part
4) High volume mass production around 10 million parts per year ( several double molds )
5) This part need to be molded and seal packed in the clean room to keep the part free of dust.
Asia Billion today will share our thinking and experience for the thin wall injection molding for you. And this can let you know how we work and how good that if we can work with you for your precision thin wall injection molding projects. Conventional injection molding machines are difficult to use in thin-walled plastic injection molding.
The filling time of thin-wall injection molding is very short, and many filling times are less than 0.5 s. During the entire injection molding process of the product, the pressure and speed should be controlled independently at the same time. The filling process of the conventional injection molding machine is controlled by speed, and the method of controlling the pressure maintaining phase to pressure control is not applicable.
Thin wall injection molding part thickness checking:
Technical highlights of thin wall injection molds:
1) mold core and cavity use excellent steel such as S136 steel, which helps to enhance the life of the mold;
2) the design method of plastic parts for step-down drainage reduces the clamping force and reduces the production weight.
3) excellent cooling and venting system to meet high-speed injection molding process requirements
4) excellent mold structure, precise processing technology, ensuring dimensional tolerance and achieving uniform wall thickness.
Today special plastic injection molding is becoming more technical than 30 years ago, there are a lot of new technologies like this one high precision thin wall injection molding. It joint the simple thin wall injection mold and high precision injection molding technology. this new technology is widely used for the optical, electronic device such as camera, mobile phone and medical device. If you have any technical thin wall plastic injection molding project to develop, Asia Billion will be a good choice.