Introduction and application of TPR materials:
The Thermo-Plastic-Rubber material is a thermoplastic rubber material. It is a kind of thermoplastic soft rubber compound which has rubber elasticity and does not need to be vulcanized and can be directly processed (such as injection molding, extrusion, blow molding, etc.).
The TPR material is based on thermoplastic styrene butadiene rubber (such as SBS, SEBS), adding resin (such as PP, PS), filler, plasticizer and other functional additives blending modified materials.
The color is transparent or the white particles; the shape is particles, usually with spherical particles, ellipsoidal particles and thin round bars, the surface is bright, and has good reflective performance.
1. Resilience and good wear resistance of rubber, excellent anti-slip property and shock absorption performance. TPR material is superior to rubber in softness and comfort, but its tensile strength, fatigue resistance and mechanical properties are not as good as vulcanized rubber.
2. The temperature range of use is -45~90°C. Generally speaking, the TPR material is based on SBS substrate, and its chemical properties are as follows: weather resistance, aging resistance, temperature resistance 70~75°C. If aging resistance is required, temperature resistance For materials with good properties, the modified materials of SEBS substrate can be selected.
3. Hardness characteristics, TPR material can adjust its hardness at Shore hardness of 5~100 degrees, and modified material with SEBS as substrate can be adjusted to lower hardness.
4. Processing characteristics, TPR material has good bonding properties with certain glues, inks, etc., and has good oil-jet screen printing processability.
5. Environmental protection characteristics, TPR material as environmental soft rubber, the main hazardous substances such as plasticizer phthalate Phthalate, nonylphenol NP, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon PAHs detection, in line with ROHS, REACH, EN71-3, ASTMF963 environmental protection Testing standards.
Specific gravity 0.85~1.20, shrinkage rate 1.5~3%; baking material: some special products need to be processed before baking, it is recommended to heat 60~80 °C for 2 hours; recommended injection temperature: SBS substrate 130~190 °C; SEBS substrate 120~250°C. Due to the wide adjustment space of TPR material hardness and physical properties, the material processing temperature has a large range, which can be consulted by TPR material suppliers. The same material, TPR material extrusion temperature can be 30~40 ° C lower than the injection temperature. In addition to single material injection and extrusion processing, TPR material can be overmolded or two-color injection molding, with hard plastic PP, ABS, PC , PC / ABS, PA, PS, PE composite injection molding, or with metal materials. For different hard plastic materials for overmolding, TPR materials with different formulations and physical properties should be selected according to customer requirements.
TPR materials are widely used in daily products, adult products, hardware tools, luggage wheels, sports equipment, toy products, auto parts, medical products, wire and cable, electronic appliances, communication instruments and shoe products. Among them, the shoe material and toy industry is mainly used in the application of TPS of SBS substrate. The modified material based on SEBS is mainly used for aging resistance, weather resistance, high tensile strength of material properties, and low hardness of materials. Product application at Shore Hardness 10 degrees).
If you have any question for the TPR plastic injection molding or resin or any RFQ, please feel free to contact Asia Billion at :
Asia Billion Innovational Technology Ltd
Mobile for business: +86-134 8063 8827