Method for preventing heat treatment deformation of precision molds
In the process of heat treatment, precision molds often produce deformation. In order to prevent such bad phenomena, as long as the deformation law is grasped and the causes are analyzed, the deformation of the mold can be reduced by different methods. of. In general, heat treatment deformation of sophisticated molds can be prevented by the following methods.
(1) Fair selection of materials. For precision and complex molds, the micro-deformed die steel with good material (such as air-quenched steel) should be selected. The die steel with severe carbide segregation should be cast and carried out, and the solution steel can be solid solution and double-fine heat treatment. .
(2) The design of the mold structure should be fair, the thickness should not be too disparate, the shape should be symmetrical, for the larger deformation of the mold to grasp the deformation law, reserve the machining allowance, for large, sophisticated molds can be combined structure.
(3) Precise heat treatment of precision and complex molds to eliminate residual stress generated during machining.
(4) Fairly select the heating temperature and control the heating speed. For sophisticated molds, slow heating, preheating and other balanced heating methods can be used to reduce the heat treatment deformation of the mold.
(5) Under the condition of ensuring the hardness of the mold, pre-cooling, staged cooling quenching or warm quenching process should be used as much as possible.
(6) For precision and complex molds, vacuum quenching and cryogenic treatment after quenching should be used as far as possible.
(7) For some sophisticated molds, pre-heat treatment, aging heat treatment, quenching and tempering heat treatment can be used to control the precision of the mold.
(8) When repairing defects such as sand holes, blowholes, and wear of the mold, use a cold-welding machine and other repair equipment with little heat influence to avoid deformation during the repair process.
There are many methods for heat treatment process, including, for example, plugging, tying holes, mechanical fixing, proper heating methods, accurate selection of the cooling direction of the mold, and the direction of movement in the cooling medium. The fair tempering heat treatment process also reduces the complexity. Effective measures for mold deformation.
Asia Billion is super precision injection mould tooling manufacture in China , we have the capacity to make the mould with steel tolerance up to 0.005 mm( 0.0002”） and molding unit tolerance can reach +/-0.02 mm ( 0.0008"). 95% plastic injection molding companies and tool makers don't have this capacity in China , if you want to find a good precision injection mould tooling partner, please contact Asia Billion freely at:
Asia Billion Innovational Technology
Mobile for business: +86-134 8063 8827