Introduction to PPO alloy materials
(1) Preparing a PPO/PS type alloy, that is, a first generation PPO alloy, by blending PPO with polystyrene (PS) in a wide range of compatibility with various polymers having styrene units;
(2) by working with other engineering plastics such as polyamide (PA), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), polybutylene terephthalate (PBT), polyphenylene sulfide (PPS), etc. Blending to produce high performance PPO alloy, namely the second generation PPO alloy.
Unmodified polyphenylene ether (PPO) resin has good mechanical properties, electrical properties, heat resistance, flame retardancy and chemical stability, but its solvent resistance is poor, and the product is prone to stress cracking and notched impact strength. Low, in addition, it has a fatal weakness - high melt viscosity, poor formability, pure PPO resin can not be molded by injection, which greatly limits its application.
In order to overcome these shortcomings or to give them new properties, various modifications have been made to PPO. The methods include chemical (copolymerization, block, grafting, and reticulation) and physical (blending, filling, reinforcing, and microfoaming) modification.
Chemical modification mainly includes:
(1) Modification of the structure of PPO, such as bromination, phosphation, sulfonylation, carboxylation, etc. to improve the solubility and gas permeability of PPO for use in membrane materials, or to impart flame retardancy to PPO And used for flame retardant materials;
(2) The main chain or terminal group of PPO reacts with a small molecule with a functional group to impart a certain polarity and reactivity to the PPO, and is used as a compatibilizer for the PPO alloy;
(3) PPO and other polymers or small molecules are obtained by block or graft copolymerization to obtain new materials or as a compatibilizer for PPO alloys;
In addition, polyphenylene ether alloys can be classified according to the compatibility between components:
(1) Compatible system, mainly refers to PPO/PS;
(2) Non-compatible systems, including PPO/PA, PPO/PBT, PPO/PET, PPO/polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), PPO/polyolefin (PO), etc.
(3) Partially compatible systems, including PPO/polycarbonate (PC), PPO/PPS, PPO/styrene-butadiene-styrene (SBS), PPO/acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene Copolymer (ABS), PPO/polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA), PPO/styrene-acrylonitrile copolymer (SAN), and the like.
Use of PPO modification:
1. It is suitable for the manufacture of heat-resistant parts, insulation parts, wear-reducing parts, transmission parts, medical and electronic parts.
2, can be used for gears, blades, valves and other parts used at higher temperatures, can be used instead of stainless steel.
3, can make screws, fasteners and connectors.
4. Electrical parts of motors, rotors, casings and transformers.
5, PPO and MPPO are mainly used in electronic appliances, automobiles, household appliances, office equipment and industrial machinery, etc., using MPPO heat resistance, impact resistance, dimensional stability, scratch resistance, peeling resistance.
6, coatability and electrical performance, used to do car dashboard, radiator grid, speaker grille, console, fuse box, relay box, connector, wheel cover.
7, the electronic and electrical industry is widely used in the manufacture of connectors, coil bobbins, mechanical parts shields, switch relays, tuning equipment, large electronic displays, variable capacitors, battery accessories, microphones and other components.
8, household appliances used in televisions, cameras, video tapes, tape recorders, air conditioners, heaters, rice cookers and other parts. Can be used as copiers, computer systems, printers, fax machines and other exterior parts and components.
9, can also be used as cameras, timers, pumps, blower shells and components, silent gears, pipes, valve bodies, surgical instruments, sterilizers and other medical equipment parts.
10. Large-scale blow molding can be used for large parts of automobiles such as spoilers, bumpers, and low-foam molding. It is suitable for making large-scale products with high rigidity, dimensional stability, excellent sound absorption and complex internal structure, such as various machine casings and bases. The internal bracket has a large degree of freedom in design and the product is lightweight.
If you need a professional engineering custom plastic injection molding and tooling supplier , no matter for which type production, Asia Billion can help you , contact us freely at:
Asia Billion Innovational Technology Ltd